Hermits with Wine
Ingredientsservings 338 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the raisins or chopped dates in a bowl and cover with white wine. Set aside to soak.
- Cream the shortening with the brown and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and lemon and or vanilla extracts.
- Stir the flour, cinnamon and salt together.
- Dissolve the baking soda in 1/3 cup of the wine and beat it into the shortening mixture. Stir in the flour. Drain the soaked raisins and stir them and the walnuts into the dough.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 16.7 g fat; 39.2 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 217 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Wonderful cookies! I am not usually fond of soft cookies or raisins, but these are good. I soaked my raisins in just enough wine to cover them, (3/4 cup instead of 2 cups), and soaked them ove...
This recipe tasted strangely like banana bread, but not in a bad way. It was nice enough, but not good enough for me to make again.
I made these with gluten free flour, and used grated lemon peel instead of the extract. Because I had no brown sugar, I only used white sugar. I baked them at 350 for 12 minutes. These are del...
Great recipe. I used unsalted butter instead of shortening, and was extremely pleased with the results.