- In a large bowl mix the butter or margarine, confectioners' sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla together until light and well combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, ground pecans and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a soft dough is formed. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Roll chilled dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- Place cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 15.5 30.9 3.5 46 138 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I adapted these cookies to my taste by using hazlenuts instead of pecans and gave them as Christmas jar gifts last year...thanks for the inspiration!
I used toasted almonds instead of pecans, and chilled the dough overnight. I cut them into mickey mouse heads and butterflies with cookie cutters. They were very crunchy and tasty. They were my...
This is a nice little cookie that's not too sweet and perfect with a cup of coffee.