Christmas Orange Rind Cut-Out Cookies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 1/4 cups of the sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift flour and baking powder together. Add flour mix to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream. Blend very well and add the orange zest. Wrap tightly and chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Turn chilled dough out on to a floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes.
- Combine the 1/3 cup white sugar and the finely chopped almonds and sprinkle over the tops of the cookies. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on rack.
Per Serving: 107 calories; 5.5 13.5 1.5 20 43 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This recipe has a very sticky consistancy even after refridgerating, it was more like a drop cookie consistancy. The flavor of the dough was great however this should not be called a cut-out coo...
I didn't have any oranges to zest so instead I used 2 Tbsp orange marmalade and I only had pecans so I ground them up with sugar and a bit of cinnamon and put that on top and they were incredibl...