made it | 0 reviews |
Every Day with Rachael Ray
"A classic, Indian dessert."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 342 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, vanilla and water and pour into the dry ingredients; whisk until combined. The batter should be thick enough to coat a spoon; add more water if it's too thick.
- In a wok, heat about 1 1/2 inches of oil (about 4 cups) to 350 degrees F. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Peel the bananas; slice them in half crosswise, then cut each piece in half lengthwise. When the oil is hot, dip the banana slices in the batter and slip them into the hot oil, frying 5 or 6 at a time. Fry, turning occasionally, until the fritters are golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Instead of using a thermometer to test the oil temperature for this recipe, drop a tiny bit of batter into the pan. If it sinks, the oil is still too cold. If it bubbles to the surface, the oil is hot enough.
- From Every Day with Rachael Ray, November-December 2005, submitted by Maya Kaimal.
Per Serving: 342 calories; 16 g fat; 47.8 g carbohydrates; 4.3 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 66 mg sodium. Full nutrition