Ingredientsservings 84 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan, spread the coconut out in a thin layer. Toast at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), stirring and shaking often to toast evenly, until golden about 5 to 7 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, mix the sugar, honey, cream, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the syrup reaches 248 degrees F (121 degrees C) on a candy thermometer (or when a drop or two dropped into a cup of cold water will form a firm ball that will not flatten when removed from water).
- Remove from heat and stir in the toasted coconut.
- On a sheet of buttered wax paper, drop level tablespoons of the mixture well apart. Let stand until cold.
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over cookies. Let stand until chocolate hardens. Store in a single layer in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 84 calories; 4.1 g fat; 12.8 g carbohydrates; 0.5 g protein; 2 mg cholesterol; 19 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These cookies had good flavor, but they were so chewy that they were hard to eat. I'm not sure if cooked the caramel-like mixture too long or not. I followed the directions exactly.
These were good and pretty easy if you have a candy thermometer. I think I will double the recipe next time because they didn't last long in my house, and also because it was difficult to gauge...