- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the shortening, white sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy. Beat in the buttermilk, orange juice and grated orange zest.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir the flour into the shortening mixture and mix until combined. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes. While still warm spread with orange icing.
- To Make Orange Icing: Combine the butter or margarine, confectioners' sugar and orange juice concentrate and beat until smooth. Add more orange juice concentrate if necessary to reach the desired consistency.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 224 calories; 7.5 37.7 2.3 14 130 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Wonderful cookies just as is. I really prefer this type of cookie made with buttermilk--and this is perfect. The dough is supposed to be like thick cake batter. I use a small (about 1/2 oz or...
The batter was just like a cake mix. I added about another 3/4 cup of flour but that left the cookies tasting floury. Not sure what went wrong but the only thing that saved them was the orange...
I added extra orange juice to the frosting, and a little orange food coloring and orange extract to both the frosting and cookies, they turned out great. I also put 1 tsp baking soda in mine ins...