Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 24 servings (4 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet (approximately 14x16 or 11x17 inches).
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cream of tartar together.
- Mix the eggs and sugar thoroughly. Combine this with the flour mixture and stir in the citron and almonds.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut sheet of dough to fit on your baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Cut into squares or diamonds while still warm. Ice thinly with white or lemon frosting.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 92 calories; 1.7 17.7 1.9 16 16 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Quite tasty! I used parchment paper and baked on a cookie sheet. The dough was very stiff and hard to incorporate all the flour, but I resisted the urge to add anything. I rolled it between two ...