Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 24 servings (4 dozen)
- Combine the butter, sugar, egg yolks, lemon or orange zest, nutmeg and salt. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, then add it and the poppy seeds to the butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Form each piece into a 2 inch diameter cylinder and wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. At this point you can freeze the dough for later use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut dough cylinders into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 9 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool. Once cool, store in an airtight container.
Per Serving: 158 calories; 8.5 19.2 1.5 37 26 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1