0 made it | 0 reviews |
Ruth Marie Lyons
"I've never found anyone who didn't like this lovely fruitcake."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 20 servings (2 loaves)
- Grease and flour two 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Line the bottoms with waxed paper; grease and flour the paper. Set aside.
- Combine the pecans, pineapple, peaches, raisins and 1/2 cup flour; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 1/2 cup peach nectar, honey and milk; beat well (mixture will appear curdled). Combine cinnamon, baking powder, salt, allspice and remaining flour; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Add pecan mixture; stir well.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 325 for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes.
- With a skewer, poke holes in the loaves. Spoon remaining nectar over loaves. Let stand for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Wrap tightly and store in a cool place. Slice and bring to room temperature before serving.
Per Serving: 467 calories; 26.3 57 6 71 169 Full nutrition