Mostaccioli for Basilica
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 12 servings (24 cookies)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the cocoa powder through a fine strainer to eliminate lumps. Combine it with the flour, white sugar, ground almonds, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the honey and 1/4 cup of the water. Stir until a smooth, sticky dough forms. Allow to stand for 1 minute to absorb the liquid.
- Turn the dough out onto a generously floured surface and pat it into a 6X12 inch rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Flour the dough lightly and roll over it once or twice with a rolling pin to even it out. Cut the dough into 1 1/2 inch strips, then cut the strips diagonally to make diamond shapes and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool.
- To Make The Icing: Mix the confectioners' sugar with the remaining 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Brush over the cooled cookies. The icing will crystallize and harden as it dries.
You might also like
Per Serving: 200 calories; 6.6 35.5 4 0 107 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1