Orange Cookies II
"A plain soft cookie with finely grated carrots and a delicious orange icing."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 18 servings (3 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cook the grated carrots in enough water to cover. Boil until just soft and drain. Do not over cook!
- Cream the shortening and sugar together. Add the egg and mix well. Stir in the cooked carrots while still warm.
- Add the sifted flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper lined baking sheets and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 12 minutes. Let cool then frost with Orange Icing.
- To Make Orange Icing: Add enough confectioners' sugar to the orange juice and orange zest to make a spreading consistency. Spread icing over cooled cookies and let dry.
You might also like
Per Serving: 177 calories; 9 22.7 1.9 10 128 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1