Hawaiian Chocolate Macadamia Nut Tart
Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 707
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Toast macadamia nut pieces, and coconut flakes in separate pans in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove to cool.
- Press one of the pie crusts onto the bottom of a 12 to 14-inch fluted tart pan. Cut the remaining pie crust into strips, and use it to fill in the edges of the tart pan, ensuring that the crust is completely sealed. Gently press the chocolate chips into the pie crust, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and corn syrup until smooth. Stir in the sugar, margarine, macadamia nuts, and coconut flakes. Pour over pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge of the crust comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 707 calories; 42.9 82.3 7.2 56 273 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Excellent!! I made it for a dinner party - it was elegant and rich and so easy to make!
After a trip to Hawaii, I was yearning for more Macadamia nuts, so made this for a Christmas get together. My husband thought it was too chocolate-y, but I thought it was delicious and had two r...