Ingredientsservings 291 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter or margarine with 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. Stir in the vanilla and the flour. Press this mixture into the bottom of one ungreased 8x8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
- To Make Topping: Beat the eggs and add 1 cup of the brown sugar. Stir in the 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, the baking powder, pinch salt, chopped walnuts, glace; cherries, coconut and chocolate chips. Spread mixture over the baked pastry.
- Return to the oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for an additional 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool then cut into squares.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 15 g fat; 38.8 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 39 mg cholesterol; 82 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
My Aunt made a version of Dream Squares when I was a kid and I loved them. This recipe is pretty darn close. I made one small change. I increased the cherries to 1 cup and reduced the choc ch...
These were pretty good. All of my co-workers thought they were quite dreamy!
I must be doing something wrong because these did not set at all! The top remained a gooey batter. Mind you it smelled delicious and tasted good too (I couldn't help myself) I definitely didn't ...
Made exactly as indicated and turned out great. I will be making this again.