Ingredients36 m servings 587 cals
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat; lightly oil the grate.
- Place basil, oil, garlic, Romano cheese, oregano, and pepper into a blender. Blend on high until smooth, adding additional oil if necessary, about 30 seconds.
- Grill chicken until juices run clear, about 5 minutes per side. Do not turn off grill.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of Caesar dressing onto 2 slices of bread. Top each with lettuce, and an additional slice of bread. Spread the second slice of bread thickly with the pesto. Top each sandwich with a cooked chicken breast, a slice of smoked mozzarella, and the remaining bread.
- Grill sandwiches until the cheese is melted, and the bread is toasted, about 3 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 587 calories; 41.5 g fat; 20 g carbohydrates; 32.5 g protein; 85 mg cholesterol; 523 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 16
In a word...FANTASTIC! I pounded the chicken thin and seasoned it with salt and pepper,used a flat bread and my indoor grill. Many flavors but nothing overpowers anything else. This will be a re...
The whole family loved it. We grilled the chicken, sliced it up and used chibata bread in a panini maker. We also added tomato in place of letuce and added black Forrest ham. Delicious.
Really yummy! I grilled the chicken breasts and melted the mozzarella on top of them--on the grill. Then, I put together the sandwiches. Thanks for the recipe. Great way to use the pesto I had l...
Really good. I used my frozen pesto with ranch dressing (I didn't have caesar) and shredded mozarella cheese all on focaccia bread from my bread machine. Yummo! Perfect summer dinner.
I used an already prepared basil pesto and these were really good! Very flavorful and easy to put together. I did marinate my chicken in ceasar dressing (regular, not creamy), prior to cooking t...
Tried this the other night! Loved it, but I did make a few changes.. I didn't see the need for that 3rd piece of bread so I just used two slices of potato bread. Potato bread works great for pan...