- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Cut fruit into small pieces. In a large bowl, dredge fruit and nuts in 1 cup flour.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and egg yolks. Stir together 2 cups flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture. In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda into sweetened condensed milk. Gradually add soda mixture and brandy to the dough. Turn mixture into the big bowl of fruit and nuts. Combine.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into the dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned but still soft, about 20 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Per Serving: 95 calories; 4.1 14 1.5 7 38 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I thought this cookie had a good overall flavor, and it got good reviews by most everyone that tried them - one even asked for the recipe, but in my opinion is not worth all of the preparation e...
I followed this recipe exactly and my cookies turned out wonderfully. They look and taste just like the ones my grandmother used to make. I used a small cookie scoop and ended up with 175 cookie...