Quick Peach Melba
USA WEEKEND Pam Anderson
Ingredients2 h 21 m servings 365 cals
- Pour schnapps in a microwave-safe pan or pie plate large enough to hold peach halves in a single layer. Place peaches, cut side down in pan. Microwave on high Pour schnapps in a microwave-safe pie plate large enough to hold all peach halves in a single layer. Place peaches cut side down in pan. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Turn peaches over and microwave about 2 minutes longer, until the fruit is tender when poked with a sharp knife. Let peaches cool, then peel. Refrigerate. for 3 minutes.
- Transfer jam to a microwave-safe measuring cup; microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes until partially melted. In a food processor, puree jam and raspberries. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl; strain sauce to remove seeds, pressing with a rubber spatula. Discard seeds. Refrigerate.
- Put 1/2 cup ice cream in each of eight shallow bowls, then a peach half, 2 Tbs. sauce and 1 Tb. almonds. Serve.
- Serve surplus sauce on fruit, yogurt, waffles, etc.
- Copyright 2006 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 10.8 g fat; 62.5 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 29 mg cholesterol; 57 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Absolutely phenomenal! I've been looking for this recipe for nearly 10 years.
Very good and easy. I made it for two, I'm glad I have extra sauce so I'm going to make it again tomorrow. I didn't have any almonds, not sure if I would have used them if I did. Adding that tex...