Ingredients57 m servings 209
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Blend flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl. Add butter, brown sugar, molasses, and eggs. Stir until smooth. Blend in oats.
- Roll dough out on floured board, about 1/8-inch thick. Cut into rounds using a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place half of the rounds on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Combine dates, white sugar, and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring often until thickened. Stir in walnuts. Remove from heat and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the date mixture into the center of each round on the baking sheet. Cut a cross in the middle of the remaining rounds. Place over date mixture; press down on the edges of the dough to seal.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Per Serving: 209 calories; 9.5 29.1 2.8 31 162 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These are really delicious! As my cookies were palm size big each, one was enough to fill. I love the molasses taste in the dough. My husband loved them; although one was enough, he ate 3 at onc...
Super yummy cookies! these are like date squares in a cookie form. I scaled the recipe to 12 servings to use 1 cup of butter, which yielded 29 cookies using a 2 1/4" cutter. I changed the met...