Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 118
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion; cook over low heat, stirring regularly, until golden and slightly caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Place onion in a shallow 9-by-9-inch ovenproof dish. Add corn and bell pepper.
- Beat eggs; stir into half-and-half. Pour egg mixture over casserole, add salt and pepper, and stir. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until firm. Brown top under a broiler. Let cool for 10 minutes. Cut in squares and serve.
- Copyright 2006 Jean Carper. Printed first in USA WEEKEND. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 118 calories; 6.7 10 5.7 67 135 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Followed the recipe to the letter, and there's nothing not to like about this. The texture of the pudding is firm, but still plenty moist and juicy, the corn was crisp, and it simply tasted goo...
This was a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies. I made a few changes just based on what ingredients I had on hand. I used less corn, added some green beans, used 2% milk instead of ...
"Pudding" is really a misnomer, because--as another reviewer pointed out--this dish is not creamy. It's more like a corn-onion quiche. That being said, I have made this recipe many times. I love...