- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees F). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in the vegetable shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until thick and light-colored. Gradually beat the eggs into the flour mixture. Fold in the walnuts.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes and place 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until lightly colored. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Per Serving: 55 calories; 2.9 6.3 1.2 16 11 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I love to bake and this sounded perfect for my needs. I mixed the dough as directed floured my surfaces but it was so sticky, I ended up using another recipe. Would love to have a hint as to wh...
My dough was sticky too, so I put it in the fridge for a couple of hours and then added flour a little at a time. Be careful not to add to much flour, then I rolled them out and used my Christma...