made it | 0 reviews |
"An incredible amount of chocolate, but oh so good. Like free-standing brownies! Reserve for those you really love."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 993 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (20 cookies)
- Melt the pound of chocolate and the butter together in a saucepan.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar together at high speed until the mixture becomes thick and lemon colored and falls in ribbons from the beaters, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate-butter mixture into the egg mixture. In a separate bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together. Sift half of this over the chocolate mixture; fold it in. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture. Fold in the nuts and the chips.
- Cover the dough and chill for at least a few hours and as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wet your hands and remove large (about 3 tablespoons worth) clumps of chilled dough and quickly roll them into balls. Place the balls about 3 inches apart onto parchment lined sheets. Bake for about 18-20 minutes. The cookie will still appear moist when removed from oven but will firm up when cooled. Remove from oven and cool on sheet for about 10 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool.
Per Serving: 993 calories; 65.8 g fat; 101.5 g carbohydrates; 15.7 g protein; 142 mg cholesterol; 103 mg sodium. Full nutrition