Ingredients1 h servings 558 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, seeds and lemon zest until blended well. Add to the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. If the dough seems a bit stiff, add extra milk, one tablespoon at a time.
- On a floured surface, roll dough out 1/4 inch thick and cut using a 2-inch round cutter. lace cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Per Serving: 558 calories; 27.7 g fat; 70 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 47 mg cholesterol; 81 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Good, very lightly sweet cookies that are great with a cup of tea. My yield was more like 8-1/2 dozen, though, so be prepared for a lot of rolling and cutting - and sharing!
well I'll tell you......As a Scotsman living in america, for the last 20 years. These Abernathies are as good as my Grannys (Gramma).
I wasn't too crazy about these, but I think it was mainly because of the caraway seeds. Don't like the taste of them AT ALL.
I had never heard of these, but after reading about them, I think this is probably a good recipe for them. I replaced the shortening with butter because I never keep shortening on hand, and I f...