Kalbskotelett (Veal Cutlet)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 473
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat until hot. Melt 2 tablespoons of clarified butter to coat. Sear the cutlets on both sides until golden brown, but not completely cooked. Remove, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place into an ovenproof casserole dish, and set aside.
- Melt another 2 tablespoons of clarified butter in the skillet over medium heat. Stir in the finely chopped onion and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened; about 5 minutes. Place into a bowl, and stir in the crushed juniper berries and diced ham. Fold in the bread crumbs, basil, and parsley; set aside.
- Pour the beef broth, white wine, and lemon juice over the veal. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly overtop.
- Cover the casserole dish and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 473 calories; 22.5 25.8 29.6 141 861 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1