Ingredientsservings 237 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream the butter with the yolk and vanilla.
- Place the sugar and the pecans in a food processor and grind to a fine texture. Add the wheat germ, flour, and the salt and process again just to mix. Add the pecan mixture to the butter mixture.
- Roll this dough into balls a little more than 1 inch in diameter. Place on ungreased sheets about 2 inches apart. Using your thumb, make a dent in the top of each ball.
- Bake until a little brown , 15-20 minutes. When they come from the oven, use a spoon or another tool to open the dent you made ( it tends to close during baking). Let rest on the sheet for about 4 minutes and then remove to a rack. Cool completely. Spoon the apple butter into the indents and serve.
Per Serving: 237 calories; 15.2 g fat; 23.3 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 37 mg cholesterol; 52 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The recipe mentions topping the cookie with the apple butter after baking. They sounded wonderful, but I thought they would be more well received (in my family) if I mixed the apple butter in a...
Really enjoyed these, but must 'fess up, I did make some adjustments: (like some other reviews suggested) I added the apple butter before baking, I used walnuts (ground half of the amount and le...
They are okay- I mixed the apple butter in to the recipe because I didnt know if I could freeze it 'raw'. I dusted them with confectioners sugar to make them look better. Would probably not ma...
I greatly improvised on this recipe. Didn't have wheat germ so I just used more flour. Also ran out of vanilla so and used almond extract instead. When the mixture was ready for baking, it wa...