- In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour and the salt. Cut in shortening till the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Lightly beat egg yolk in a glass measuring cup. Add milk to make 2/3 cup liquid total; mix well. Divide dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll half the dough to an 18 x 12 inch rectangle; fit into and up sides of a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with corn flake cereal; top with apples. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Roll remaining dough to a 16 x 12 inch rectangle; place over apples. Seal edges; cut slits in the top for steam to escape. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 131 calories; 6.8 16.6 1.5 7 83 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
I love these! Here's some tips, to make them even better, since a few of the ingredients remain with no instructions. Roll your dough between to lightly floured pieces of plastic wrap, makes tra...
These are delicious. I've had this recipe for years and was happy to find it here. The directions, however, are incomplete. You need to whip the egg white until it's frothy, then brush it on the...
These were the best dessert bars I've ever tasted! There really was nothing to change about the recipe even though I always look for ways to make recipes better. This one was perfect as written....
This recipe has a great crust that was quick and easy to make. I skipped the cornflakes and doubled the cinnamon...delicious!
Oh. Wow. Yum. Unbelievably delicious. I had to put them in the freezer so I'd stop helping myself to "just one more piece." The cornflakes are not at all discernible once it bakes. I used 10 cup...
This is an excellent Danish Pastry Apple Bar. For the pastry, I added 1 Tablespoon of vinegar and chilled the dough for about an hour before rolling. Used a 9" x 13" baking pan and baked the...
So yummy! I just had a slice right now hehe. I used butter flavored shortening and the pastry part is sooooo good. I only used 4 apples and thought that that was enough but after baking, the a...
I am not an expert baker or cook and I don't normally write reviews unless a recipe really stands out. These apple bars are so good. I did change the recipe to suite my personal taste by using 1...