Chocolate Almond Treats
"Chocolate rice crispy treats!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 296 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 dozen)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 inch, square baking pan with heavy-duty foil, folding the foil over the edges of the pan.
- Put butter in pan and melt in oven. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla; stir to mix.
- Add cereal and stir with a spoon, then mix with fingers until thoroughly coated. Place waxed paper on top and press down gently but firmly.
- Bake for 25 minutes until entire surface is bubbly. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and let stand for chips to soften.
- Spread chips, then sprinkle with almonds, pressing gently into chocolate. Let cool until just warm, then refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight before cutting.
- Using foil as a lifter, remove from pan and, without inverting (almond would peel off), peel off foil. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 16.4 g fat; 37.4 g carbohydrates; 3.4 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 52 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1