Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 -9 inch round cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and line with parchment paper one 8 inch round cake pan.
- Mix together the SPLENDA(R) and eggs until dissolved. Stir in the melted margarine. In a separate bowl, slowly add hot water to cocoa and mix until smooth, dissolving cocoa completely.
- In a third bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture. Blend in vanilla. Pour batter into one 8 inch round pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Let cake cool then ice with Lemon Icing.
- To Make Icing: Combine confectioner's sugar with enough lemon juice to make the icing spreadable without being runny or stiff (about 1/4 cup). Stir in the grated zest. Pour icing over top of cake. See the full moon.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 4.8 29.5 3.4 31 342 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Deeelicious! Very little aftertaste... great texture and presetation. The tart frosting is a wonderful and tangy surprise. Fun to eat!