Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 218 cals
- Adjust oven rack to center position and heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place bread cubes on a cookie sheet with a rim; bake until bread is dried out, about 30 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile dice and salt the tomatoes in a medium bowl; stir in the garlic and let stand until juicy, about 30 minutes.
- Prepare remaining ingredients; add to tomatoes and toss. Add bread cubes; toss again. Adjust seasonings, including pepper to taste. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Copyright 2006 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.
Per Serving: 218 calories; 6.6 g fat; 33.7 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 447 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 22
Awesome salad! To me, tomatoes and fresh basil are a classic combination that go together like peanut butter and jelly! My bread was already stale, so it didn't take long to dry out. I love t...
I followed the recipe exactly except I didn't use onions (can't stand raw onions), and couldn't find French or Italian bread, so I substituted regular bread. Like several other reviewers, I add...
If you like bruschetta, you'll love this salad! Great as written or with the addition of a chopped cucumber or a can of white beans.
Excellent recipe. I made one small change...I added chunks of fresh mozarella just before serving. What a hit! I would recommend doubling this recipe...for four people I didn't have enough. ...
I wasn't a big fan of the bread cubes (I left them out of most of the salad, except tried it with one serving, letting it sit for 10 min. like recipe said) I LOVE the tomato salad, and will keep...
This is defintely a five star recipe. I made as written except at the end added a little balsamic vinegar. This made it even yummier but it wasn't necessary. Obviously, there is quite a bit o...
We've tried (and liked) other bread salad recipes from ar, but this was the first one with toasted bread and capers. Nice change. Yummy fresh. Added chopped seedless cucumber.
this salad was awesome. I think it would have been good with chunks of chicken in it too.