Ingredients20 m servings 759 cals
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place the bread onto a baking sheet, and broil in the preheated oven until toasted on both sides. Remove and set aside. Meanwhile, place the baked beans in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and keep hot.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the luncheon meat, and cook until it begins to brown on the edges, about 5 minutes; pour off any excess grease.
- To assemble the beanwiches, spoon the beans over the toasted bread slices. Place the luncheon meat on top of the beans, layer with tomato slices, and finish with two slices of Cheddar cheese per sandwich.
- Broil in the preheated oven until the cheese has melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
Per Serving: 759 calories; 43.7 g fat; 61 g carbohydrates; 37.4 g protein; 119 mg cholesterol; 2363 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I am the submitter of this recipe, and just wanted to note that I had written the recipe with the SPAM as sliced and sauteed, not cubed, and the bread as toasted in a toaster, not broiled. I had...
Quick, easy recipe. A little salty but I guess that's the spam. I sliced the spam instead of cubed it.
What's NOT to love; 2 of my favorites combined...tomato cheese toast and spam & beans. Never combined them before...great idea!