Macadamia Nut Bars
"Here's another macadamia nut recipe. Depending on the size of the bar, this recipe makes from 1 to 3 dozen bars."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 493 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 dozen)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- To make the crust, start by combining the flour and brown sugar in a large bowl. Then cut in vegetable shortening until mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Press evenly into the baking pan.
- For the filling, beat the egg until thick and light colored. Next, beat in the baking soda. Lastly, stir in the sour cream. Mix until well blended
- Pour the filling over the crust, and distribute chopped macadamia nuts evenly over the top.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until firm. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool. When cool, cut into bars.
Per Serving: 493 calories; 30.2 g fat; 54.3 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 132 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I really can't give this recipe one star. I followed all directions in making these bars, but the end product was terrible.