- Drain the fruit cocktail and reserve 1/3 cup of the syrup. Add the 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry syrup to the reserved fruit cocktail syrup. Chop the drained fruit, and set it aside.
- Stir together in a bowl the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture, alternating with the syrups, to the creamed mixture. Mix well. Stir in the chopped fruit, the coconut and the cherries.
- Spread dough into a greased 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool. Sprinkle sifted confectioners' sugar over the top if desired. Cut into squares.
Per Serving: 147 calories; 5.3 23.4 2.1 26 128 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This is actually really good. I love that it isnt too sweet. And it is moist!
just wondering if this recipe freezes well. need to make squares for my sons wedding reception.
I started making these before I realized I did not have any coconut, so I just left it out. These were good and not too sweet.
I save 5 stars for only the most phenomenal of dishes. While not phenomenal, this is really darn good. I will definitely make it again and again...