Ingredients20 m servings 390
- Heat the oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pieces of halibut with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Fry the halibut until golden brown on both sides and fish flakes easily with a fork, about 6 to 7 minutes total. Remove pan from heat; transfer fish to 4 dinner plates and keep warm.
- Return pan to heat; pour the wine into the hot empty skillet and use a spatula to scrape any browned bits from the bottom. Let the wine reduce by half, then stir in the garlic, remaining butter and capers. Let sauce simmer for a minute to blend the flavors. Pour sauce over fish and serve.
- This recipe is based on Capers and Halibut submitted by Barbara Tantrum.
Per Serving: 390 calories; 18.9 8.2 36.7 85 368 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
This was delicious and easy. Followed the recipe exactly. My only challenge was that I had fillets of different thickness, so some took longer to cook. Try to get all 4 the same thickness to ...
Wonderful! I made the recipe as written, with a tad less butter. I could not find halibut today, so I used turbot. It was a fish I had not tried before, and it was a delicious substitution fo...
Awesome recipe. I haven't been able to find Halibut lately because the grocers say its difficult to get this time of year, so I used grouper. It is a good alternative if you can't find halibut.
This recipe is excellent! I goofed the first time I made it and cooked the fish in the sauce and it was wonderful. Now I just double the sauce and cook the fish in half of it and pour the rest ...
This was the best halibut recipe ever. My husband says that it must be on the menu each week. It cooked up excellent and the sauce was easy and superb over the fish. I highly recommend it.
My compliments to the chef! This was DELICIOUS! I don't make Halibut very often... but this was so delicious I'm sure I'll be making it more often from now on. :-)
This is the best halibut that I have tasted. The seasoning is very complementary to the flavor of the fish.
My husband and I had this dish and loved it! Absolutely delicious and easy to prepare! Haven't made halibut very often but this recipe is one that I will make again and again!!