Strudel Roll Cookies
"This recipe is from Israel."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 18 servings (3 dozen)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, butter or margarine, and sour cream into a soft dough. Chill one hour.
- To Make Filling: Combine the raisins, coconut, chopped nuts, and sesame seeds.
- Roll out one third of the dough to a thin sheet. Spread with one third of the jam. Sprinkle one third of the filling on the jam. Roll into a log jellyroll-fashion. Repeat two more times. Cut rolls into 1 - 2 inch cookies and place on greased cookie sheets.
- Place cookies on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar while still warm.
Per Serving: 277 calories; 15.5 31.3 5 17 87 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The taste isn't a real winner with the children because there isn't enough sweetness to this recipe. Adults love it because it isn't real sweet, but has a lot of flavor and very easy to make and...