Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 12 servings (2 1/2 dozen)
- Cream butter, cream cheese, egg yolk, vanilla, lemon peel and salt until fluffy. Gradually mix in confectioners' sugar, then the flour to make stiff dough.
- Chill dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Shape dough into 30 - one inch balls.
- Beat egg white until foamy. Dip balls in egg white then roll in chopped nuts. Arrange 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet and make a depression in each with your thumb.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until cookies begin to brown on the bottoms. Carefully remove to wire rack and while hot fill each depression with 1/2 teaspoon of apricot preserves or your favorite jam.
You might also like
Per Serving: 260 calories; 17 24.6 3.7 44 130 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These cookies are delicious. Use a processer to get fine walnut crumbs. A little messy to make but definitely worth it.
Very flavorful, however a little crumbly. Overall I would make again.