- Beat eggs and 1 cup sugar together in mixer until blended, add salt and 1/4 cup oil and mix again until blended. Combine 1/4 cup flour and almonds, tossing until coated.
- Add rest of flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with the remaining 3/4 cups oil, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir in extracts and almonds until well blended.
- Divide into eight portions and shape each into portions of 8 x 3 inch log shaped portions on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2 inch slices and place slices on their sides. Bake again at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about five minutes. Remove to wire racks and cool. May be sprinkled with sugar before baking.
Per Serving: 79 calories; 4.4 8.5 1.4 10 19 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
These are absolutely delicious...I followed the recipe closely with some minor modifications. The dough is sticky and they spread, so be careful when you place them on cookie sheet. I added ex...
I have made this recipe many times and it is excellent. Tastes very much like the ones my grandmother used to make.
Perhaps a little bland as is - dipped in chocolate makes a big difference.
I am giving this four stars because the recipe was a bit hard to follow. The cookies deserve five, though! Very tasty. First of all, read through it a couple of times. Some of the ingredients...
Pretty good MandelBread but I thought that they could use a tad more flavour, perhaps more almond extract. Cooking time and temp were bang on. I sprinkled these with raw sugar before the second...