1 made it | 0 reviews |
"No butter or margarine and no dairy products."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 36 servings (2 - 3 dozen)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Combine flour and pecans and set aside. Beat oil and honey together in a large bowl, then beat in the lemon zest. Gradually blend in the flour and pecans.
- Press the mixture evenly into an ungreased 9 inch square baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- While this is baking, mix together chopped dates and water in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture softens. Transfer this to a large bowl.
- With a wooden spoon, break up the warm dough and turn it into the bowl containing the date mixture. Add the coconut. Mix all thoroughly together.
- Form into a log 2 inches in diameter and wrap in waxed paper or foil. (For ease in handling, dust hands with flour.) Refrigerate for a week. To serve, cut into 1/4 inch slices.
Per Serving: 81 calories; 4.3 11.2 0.8 0 3 Full nutrition