Kevin Dunn's Salad Caprese with Mozzarella Biscuits
Maker of SPLENDA® Sweetener Products
"This is a variation of a classic Italian salad made from vine ripe tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. Be sure to make when tomatoes are their best quality. A Chef Kevin Dunn Recipe."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 886
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Reduced Balsamic: combine vinegar, SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, rosemary and prune juice in a non-aluminum pan; bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove and discard rosemary sprig. Cover and chill.
- BENECOL(R) Fresh Mozzarella Biscuits: preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut BENECOL(R) into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly. Add chopped mozzarella and herbs; toss gently. Add milk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Using a large ice cream scoop, drop batter onto prepared pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- Vinaigrette Directions: pour boiling water over lemon zest in a small bowl; steep 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Set aside.
- Combine shallots, garlic, and the champagne vinegar in a small bowl. Gradually add oils and lemon juice, whisking to form an emulsion. Stir in zest, chives, and 2 tablespoons SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Salad: toss arugula with 3 ounces lemon vinaigrette; arrange on a large platter around the outside.
- Layer the slices of tomatoes and slices of warm Fresh Mozzarella Biscuits in the center of the platter.
- Sprinkle with basil, olive oil and 2 teaspoons Reduced Balsamic. Season with Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 cup arugula, 1 tablespoon lemon vinaigrette, 1 biscuit, 4 slices tomato, 2 teaspoons fresh basil strips, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/3 teaspoon reduced balsamic
- Exchanges per Serving: 2 Starches, 1 Medium Fat Meat, 3 Fats
Per Serving: 886 calories; 68.7 55 16.2 18 529 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1