Ingredients50 m servings 214
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle corn syrup in the bottom of an 8-inch cakepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 2 to 3 minutes, being careful not to burn. Set aside. Mixture will harden.
- Combine evaporated milk and SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Add vanilla and set aside.
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended; gradually add hot milk mixture, beating until blended. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer over syrup in cakepan. Cover cakepan with aluminum foil and place in a large shallow pan. Add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from water bath, and uncover; cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Loosen edges of flan with a knife, and invert onto a serving plate. Drizzle remaining syrup in pan over the top.
Per Serving: 214 calories; 11 19.8 9.3 225 135 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
It seemed to have lacked flavor. The texture was a bit thick and combined, rather than light. The presentation and visual appearance was great; however the flan could have used something extra...
The flan itself: not so good... but the sauce was okay. Maybe a little more sweetner would help.