- In large bowl cream together shortening and confectioners' sugar. Beat in uncooked egg yolks and hard-boiled eggs. Gradually blend in flour. Cover dough and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into pencil thick strips about 6 to 8 inches long.
- For each cookie, braid three strips and form into a circle pinching ends together. Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Brush with the beaten eggwhites. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly colored. Cool on wire racks.
Per Serving: 57 calories; 2.9 6.9 0.8 13 5 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I liked this recipe but I make a few changes to it. Instead of the hard boiled egg, I substituted shredded coconut for flavoring inside the cookie. I didn't make the full braids instead just p...
Tasted quite good - I didn't make the braids, just twisted two strands together 'crown' style. Lots less frustrating that way.