Crisp Chocolate Rolls
- In a large mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until light and fluffy. Add egg whites; blend well. Gradually add flour and blend well.
- Drop batter by teaspoons 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with the back of a spoon into 3-inch rounds.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake for 5 minutes or until edges are light brown. Working with 1 cookie at a time, loosen from baking sheet with a spatula and then quickly roll tightly around a pencil. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, seam side down.
- With a pastry bag or soda straw or wooden pick, fill rolls with Creamy Chocolate Filling.
- To Make Filling: In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and 1/4 teaspoon of vegetable oil (or butter or margarine) over low heat stirring constantly.
Per Serving: 82 calories; 5 8.9 1 10 32 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I really wanted this recipe to work but I just could not get these cookies to "roll" for me. When making this recipe make a double batch of the cookie dough so you have enough to play with until...