Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Original recipe yields 24 servings (4 dozen)
- Stir together to blend, sour cream, egg yolk and vanilla extract. In a large bowl stir together flour and sugar. Cut in 3/4 cup butter or margarine until like coarse crumbs. Mix in sour cream mixture until well blended.
- Divide dough in half and chill until easy to handle (3 hours or so).
- To Make Filling: In small saucepan, melt the 1 tablespoon margarine. Add apples, raisins, brown sugar and spice and cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are fork tender. Remove excess liquid and cool.
- Roll each piece of dough to about 1/8 inch thickness and cut with 2-1/2 inch round cookie cutter. Place rounds 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Place (skimpy) teaspoon of filling on each round and fold in half. Seal edges with fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Remove and cool. Drizzle with lemon sugar icing made with 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh), 1 tablespoon water. Mix until of drizzling consistency. If too thick, add a little more water, if too thin, a little more confectioners' sugar.
Per Serving: 114 calories; 7.2 11.6 1.2 26 47 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I'd have given the recipe a higher rating if I had been able to follow the recipe as written... the finished product is really quite tasty! As it was, I tried following it to the letter, but af...