Ingredients13 h 40 m servings 203
- Rinse the fish fillets and place them in a shallow glass baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over the fish and season with garlic and rosemary. Rub the seasonings into the fish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Dissolve the curing salt in the water and pour into the dish with the fish. Let it marinate for 15 minutes per half inch of thickness.
- Meanwhile, prepare your smoker for a four hour slow burn using charcoal. The temperature should be at 150 degrees F (65 degrees C) before you get started.
- Remove the fish from the brine and discard leftover liquid. Place each piece of fish onto a small piece of aluminum foil - just big enough to hold the fillet, and season with pepper to taste. Place them on the rack in the smoker. Sprinkle a handful of the soaked wood chips over the coals or place in a heat box. Cover and allow fish to smoke for 2 hours, adding more wood chips as needed.
- Increase the heat in the smoker (add more charcoal) to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and let the fish smoke until the internal temperature of the fillets reaches 165 degrees F (72 degrees C). Remove from the smoker and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the brine ingredients. The actual amount of the brine consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 10.1 1.3 25.5 126 18956 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
smoking times seemed a bit excessive so I used my common sence and cut it back to about 4 hours like it said in the recipe... turned out real good!
Try using pecan hulls in your smoker. I just did a few rainbow trout filets and smoked them using ONLY pecan hulls. They are fantastic and you really get the pecan flavor.
I've never had Steelhead trout before and it was delicious. I don't know how long my hubby smoked the salmon, but the brine was great and the fish came out perfectly. A couple days in the fridge...
I had to tweak this to our taste and our equipment so if you don't like a tweaker review....please move on :) I like a sweet smoked salmon so I added a half cup of packed dark brown sugar to the...
used the pink salmon I caught this morning...Smoked it with apple wood...and used a 1\2 cup of kosher salt mixed with a cup of brown sugar as the curing mixture...my beautiful wife called it the...
This is fantastic! After letting it rest with the garlic, rosemary I added 4 cups of water with salt for a brine for 20-30 min. only. Right before grilling them on way low with smoke box I rub...
Thanks Shadows1, I've made this quite a few times and getting ready to make again, very tasty!
(Continued) Accidentally hit "done" on my app before I finished. ?? I wanted to add that since I kep the large fish whole while cooking, I had to cook it longer than the time specified, but aft...