Ingredients13 h 40 m servings 203
- Rinse the fish fillets and place them in a shallow glass baking dish. Drizzle olive oil over the fish and season with garlic and rosemary. Rub the seasonings into the fish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Dissolve the curing salt in the water and pour into the dish with the fish. Let it marinate for 15 minutes per half inch of thickness.
- Meanwhile, prepare your smoker for a four hour slow burn using charcoal. The temperature should be at 150 degrees F (65 degrees C) before you get started.
- Remove the fish from the brine and discard leftover liquid. Place each piece of fish onto a small piece of aluminum foil - just big enough to hold the fillet, and season with pepper to taste. Place them on the rack in the smoker. Sprinkle a handful of the soaked wood chips over the coals or place in a heat box. Cover and allow fish to smoke for 2 hours, adding more wood chips as needed.
- Increase the heat in the smoker (add more charcoal) to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) and let the fish smoke until the internal temperature of the fillets reaches 165 degrees F (72 degrees C). Remove from the smoker and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
- Editor's Note
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the brine ingredients. The actual amount of the brine consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 10.1 1.3 25.5 126 18956 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
smoking times seemed a bit excessive so I used my common sence and cut it back to about 4 hours like it said in the recipe... turned out real good!
I've never had Steelhead trout before and it was delicious. I don't know how long my hubby smoked the salmon, but the brine was great and the fish came out perfectly. A couple days in the fridge...
Try using pecan hulls in your smoker. I just did a few rainbow trout filets and smoked them using ONLY pecan hulls. They are fantastic and you really get the pecan flavor.
I had to tweak this to our taste and our equipment so if you don't like a tweaker review....please move on :) I like a sweet smoked salmon so I added a half cup of packed dark brown sugar to the...
used the pink salmon I caught this morning...Smoked it with apple wood...and used a 1\2 cup of kosher salt mixed with a cup of brown sugar as the curing mixture...my beautiful wife called it the...
This is fantastic! After letting it rest with the garlic, rosemary I added 4 cups of water with salt for a brine for 20-30 min. only. Right before grilling them on way low with smoke box I rub...
Thanks Shadows1, I've made this quite a few times and getting ready to make again, very tasty!
(Continued) Accidentally hit "done" on my app before I finished. ?? I wanted to add that since I kep the large fish whole while cooking, I had to cook it longer than the time specified, but aft...