Polish Poppy Seed Cookies
Ingredientsservings 191 cals
- Place eggs (and water to cover) in a medium saucepan. Bring water to a boil, remove from heat and let cool. Peel eggs and remove yolks. Crumble yolks and set aside.
- Beat together until creamy butter or margarine, sugar and vanilla extract. To this, add raw egg yolks and crumbled hard boiled egg yolks and mix well. Gradually add flour and salt.
- Chill dough in refrigerator. Using small amounts of dough, roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 2 inch round shapes and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Beat together 1 egg white and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush tops of cookies with egg white glaze and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
Per Serving: 191 calories; 11.6 g fat; 19.2 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 149 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
These cookies are pretty good, but they taste about the same as a butter cookie. However, these require some extra work, so I just suggest eating a butter cookie. They also have a weird textur...
This is almost identical to the Polish Butter Cookie recipe that has been handed down in my family! The only major difference is we hard boil *all* of the eggs. To crumble to yolks, pushing th...