- Cream together butter or margarine, shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients (except candy) and mix well. Dough will be greasy.
- Using a floured surface and rolling pin, roll out dough. Cut out 2 inch heart shaped cookies. Using a 1 inch heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out a smaller heart in the middle of the larger one. Put cookies on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Inside of cut-out heart, sprinkle crushed candy crumbs (such as red life savers or candy canes). Spread the crumbs to the inside edges of the cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degees C) for 10-12 minutes. When cookes have cooled, remove from sheets. The cookie can be frosted if you desire.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 82 calories; 4.2 10.3 0.8 9 41 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Unless you feel like putting this recipe in the fridgereator for a day or two, it is not that easy to work with. I suggest rolling right onto the cookie sheet. The dough is VERY soft and will br...
This recipe make aLOT of yummy cookies. We made 2 1/2 dozen following the directions for the stained glass using Wild Cherry Lifesavers crunched up. We also made several dozen plain cutouts. We...
The dough was really difficult to work with. They're pretty cookies, but they're not tasty cookies. The taste of the cookie doesn't seem to meld well with the hard candy. They're also difficu...