Monster Ice Cream Sandwich
Ingredients5 h 35 m servings 785 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 14-inch pizza pans.
- In large bowl, beat together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well with each addition. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients slowly into the butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Divide the dough in half and spread each into a prepared pizza pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool cookies in the pizza pans on a cooling rack.
- When the cookies are completely cooled, spread a layer of hot fudge on the top of one, and a layer of butterscotch topping on the other. Freeze the cookies for 4 hours or overnight to set.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer, and place tightly spaced scoops of softened vanilla ice cream on the hot fudge topped cookie. Carefully place the other cookie on top of the ice cream, butterscotch side down. Gently press down on the top cookie to even out the ice cream and seal the sandwich. Drizzle the remaining hot fudge and butterscotch sauces decoratively on top of the cookie sandwich. Place in the freezer to set for one hour before serving.
Per Serving: 785 calories; 37.2 g fat; 107.7 g carbohydrates; 7.6 g protein; 109 mg cholesterol; 670 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I'm sorry. I really do not like to rate a recipe so badly, but there were so many problems. I made half a recipe. I confirm that it was inedibly burned on the outside edge and raw in the middle...
This is devilishly good! The cookie recipe is devine, although VERY geneorous. I cut down the recipe to make enough for 15 serves, yet I still made three giant cookies (so I just made it a tripl...