Apple Citrus Pie
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 539
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 - 9 inch pie)
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with one of the pie crusts, and chill at least 20 minutes before baking to prevent shrinkage. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Line pastry with a double layer of aluminum foil and a layer of pie weights or dried beans. Bake in the preheated oven until edge of crust is golden, about 10 minutes. Carefully remove the foil and weights and bake until the crust has set, about 5 minutes more. Let cool.
- Bring the water and honey to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Stir in the orange slices, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, then drain, reserving the orange slices. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and ginger in a mixing bowl. Toss the apples with the sugar mixture; set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the orange slices into the bottom of the pie crust, then top with 1/3 of the sweetened apples. Form 4 more layers with the apples and oranges, then place the second pie crust on top of the pie. Crimp the edges, then cut 3 slits into the top of the pie. Brush the crust with half of the melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top crust is flaky and golden, about 1 hour. Remove the pie from the oven, and brush with the remaining butter; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
You might also like
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 539 calories; 19.5 92.7 4.1 11 271 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is apple pie brings to your senses and taste buds a surprisingly refreshing apple pie flavor with just a hint of sweetness. Not heavy like some apple pies can be. Even the little ones loved...