Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 139 cals
Original recipe yields 36 servings (72 cookies)
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually add SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Melt chocolate in a 1-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH in a microwave oven for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring twice. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to SPLENDA® Sugar Blend mixture, beating until blended. Do not over beat. Divide dough into half. Stir melted chocolate into half of mixture.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- For Checker Board Cookies, shape chocolate dough into 2 rectangular logs approximately 1-inch in diameter. Repeat procedure with vanilla dough. Cut each log lengthwise into quarters. Reassemble logs, alternating chocolate and vanilla to form a checkerboard pattern. Proceed as directed below.
- For Pinwheel Cookies, roll chocolate dough into 2 (8- x 9- inch) rectangles. Roll vanilla dough into 2 (8- x 10-inch rectangles) Place the vanilla layer on bottom so that it extends 1 inch beyond the chocolate layer; roll as for a jellyroll. Proceed as directed below.
- For Striped Cookies, divide each flavor into 3 balls. Roll each ball into a 7 1/2- x 3-inch rectangle; cut each rectangle into 5 (1 1/2- x 3-inch strips). Stack 5 strips alternating chocolate and vanilla. Proceed as directed below.
- Wrap logs in plastic wrap and chill cookie dough for one hour or until slightly firm. (Dough can be frozen up to three months at this point).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Slice cookies 1/4-inch thick and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Per Serving: 139 calories; 6.3 g fat; 17.3 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 31 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Made these at Christmas for my daughter, Type 1 diabetic. She raved about them! I thought they were great too. I made the pinwheel style. I got a lot more than 36 from the recipe, but she found ...