- Mix butter, shortening, egg yolks and vanilla. Thoroughly blend in cake mix 1/3 at a time.
- If dough is dry add 1 to 1/2 teaspoons water. Half cup chopped nuts, chocolate morsels, coconut, or raisins can be added to dough.
- Roll dough into long smooth roll and chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Slice cookies about 1/4 inch thick and bake on ungreased cookie sheet about 8 minutes or until cookie is light brown around edges. Cool cookie on sheet about 1 minute before removing to rack.
Per Serving: 194 calories; 11 22.5 1.6 32 214 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is by far the worst cookie recipe I've ever had the misfortune to find and make. It's dry, difficult to cut, and doesn't taste good. Spare yourself!
I made these and added 1/2 cup of coconut and 1/2 cup or so of milk chocolate chips. The dough will seem very dry but it cut fine after chilling and baked up beautifully. I don't think Jennymo...
Not as bad as Jennymoon stated. Cut the oil, increase butter to 1/2 cup and add nuts or chocolate chips.