Ingredients55 m servings 333
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet or a 10-inch cake pan with 2-inch sides; sprinkle with 1/2 cup SPLENDA(R) Brown Sugar Blend. Spread mixture evenly in pan. Arrange pineapple and cherries over SPLENDA(R) Brown Sugar Blend mixture; sprinkle with pecans. Set aside.
- Combine flour, SPLENDA(R) Sugar Blend for Baking, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly. (This procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed).
- Stir together buttermilk, egg substitute and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/3 of the buttermilk mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed of an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Repeat procedure with next 1/3 of the buttermilk mixture. Add remaining buttermilk mixture; beat for 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes; invert onto plate. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 of cake)
Per Serving: 333 calories; 11.4 48.3 4.8 27 236 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The taste was great but the cooking time is way off it took almost an hour for it to cook and if your not careful you will have a tooth pick come out clean at one point then when you turn it ont...
Flavor is great but, you can't use fresh pineapple. It's too watery. Same as you don't use fresh pineapple in jello.
I just made this for my husband's birthday dessert. Pineapple Upside Down Cake is one of his favorites. It still is with the Splenda.