Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 249
Original recipe yields 6 servings (18 sushi lettuce cups)
- Wash the sweet gem lettuce. Remove cup size leaves and refrigerate for 1/2 hour. Combine rice and water in heavy bottomed pan or rice cooker. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until done. Remove rice from heat and place in bowl. Add sugar and rice wine vinegar, toss to combine and cool.
- Combine soy, wasabi & rice wine vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Begin to place 11/2 tablespoon rice in each sweet gem cup. With moistened hand, press into leaf forming an oval shape. Top rice with 1/8 teaspoon of wasabi soy mixture. Slice avocado in half, remove seed and skin and slice crosswise 1/8 inch thick. Place a slice of avocado on the rice. Slice crab leg diagonally 1/4 inch thick. Place crab slice on top of avocado.
- Use remaining soy wasabi as a dipping sauce.
- Use vinegar to moisten hands while working with rice.
- Recipe created for Tanimura & Antle by Chef Don Ferch.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 6 44.7 7.7 8 508 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1