Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredientsservings 94 cals
Original recipe yields 48 servings (3 -4 dozen)
- Combine the flour, almonds, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg, beat in the corn syrup. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Using cookie cutters, cut into shapes and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly colored. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Per Serving: 94 calories; 4.9 g fat; 11.9 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 52 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made a half recipe adding a half teaspoon of pepper. I liked the unusual spicy taste. I used butter instead of shortening and the cookies did not keep their cutter shapes well. They were th...